2013 Ferrari 599 Replacement (Spy Pics & Info)

Discussion in 'F12' started by bombardier01, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Levi68

Levi68 Banned

I posted the pic here because it is not official. Moreso, the car in the pic is NOT a prodcution F620, it is a 1:1 scale model. The car on the official pics is red.
  2. Levi68

Levi68 Banned

Two new teasers!

• Like Like x 6
  3. Soup

Soup Well-Known Member Contributing Member

New Ferrari 599

New Ferrari 599 – faster than a McLaren F1

Steve Sutcliffe

Following the ‘leaked’ picture of Ferrari’s new 599, a little birdie has also told me that this car will have a faintly incredible 730bhp (or 740ps) from its 7.3-litre V12 engine, and that it will weigh at least 70kg less than before.

More astonishing still, however, is the officially unofficial fact that it can, by all accounts, get from zero to 200kmh (so 0-124mph) in just eight seconds dead. Which, in case you were wondering, is 100 per cent stark raving insane for a car that will also be able to carry you in comfort from here to the south of France and back.

To give that number some perspective, consider this; when we road tested the Bugatti Veyron Supersport last year, we recorded a 0-120mph time of 6.6sec and a 0-130mph time of 7.6sec. And when we figured the McLaren F1 in 1994 it did 0-120mph in 9.2sec and 0-130mph in 10.4sec. This therefore would suggest approximate 0-124mph times of 7.1sec for the Bugatti and 9.8sec for the McLaren. That means the new 599, in terms of its pure acceleration, will sit somewhere between the two. Which, of course, is utterly mind boggling.

Quite what the new Enzo is going to feel like with another 200bhp on tap and 650kg less to lug around, I have no idea. One thing’s for sure though; the Veyron’s crown as the world’s fastest car is about to be unceremoniously removed – and there we all were, thinking that the road car business car had gone all sensible for a while…
    • Like Like x 2
  4. hoffmeister_fan

hoffmeister_fan Well-Known Member

7.3 Liters? I thought for the 599 replacement, we are looking at 6.2L or 6.3L. I thought the 7.3L was reserved for the Enzo successor?
  5. Levi68

Levi68 Banned

It must be a typo. Engine is 6262 cc.
  6. Pagani

Pagani Active Member

7. Pagani

Pagani Active Member

The Enzo must be off-the-hook.
  8. Cashmere

Cashmere Well-Known Member

The front and side profile look good in the leaked pic but I have a feeling that the rear is going to be a disaster.
  9. hoffmeister_fan

hoffmeister_fan Well-Known Member

I'm getting that same vibe too, especially since it seems it has a high back like the California. And the California has the least graceful rear-end of any Ferrari ever made.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Monster

Monster Global Moderator Staff Member

There is a hint of 550 about the rear panel. This is a very aggressive design
  11. mini_cooper4

mini_cooper4 Well-Known Member

I don't like it at all and I'm not changing my car for this...
    It's a really sad day for me :(
  12. Betty Swollocks

Betty Swollocks Well-Known Member

Never mind. You'll have to settle for one of the other 98 cars you are interested in buying.
  13. martinbo

martinbo Global Moderator / Editor Staff Member

EVO's Harry Metcalfe blogs about the new Ferrari 599 and Enzo replacements:

Source: [ Harry Metcalfe:Ferrari 599 replacement and next Enzo blog on Evo Community by Harry Metcalfe ]
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Levi68

Levi68 Banned

It is very possible the new F70 will be the take the F1 title away.
  15. Levi68

Levi68 Banned

By our member Milanno.

http://i42.[Please upload your images as attachments instead]/ix7344.jpg
  16. mini_cooper4

mini_cooper4 Well-Known Member

Thank you for pointing out again how open minded I'm even about cars :)
    I'm not considering any car that has been already unveiled as I don't feel like owning anything but the ones I already own.
    I'm exited about what's coming and as a premium customer I don't only talk BS but I actually buy when I like something enough.