- The Cadillac Escala Concept debuted in California, introducing the next evolution of Cadillac design and previewing the craftsmanship and technology being developed for many future models. Following a series of private previews, Escala will be displayed at the 2016 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance.
The Cadillac Escala Concept previews the design and technical ideas driving the next phase of Cadillac's ongoing expansion.
"Escala is a concept with two clear objectives," said Johan de Nysschen, president of Global Cadillac. "First, Escala is a statement of intent for the next iteration of the Cadillac design language, and also technical concepts in development for future Cadillac models. Secondly, Escala builds Cadillac's aspirational character, signaling the brand's return to the pinnacle of premium."...
- At the 2016 Concours d'Elegance in Pebble Beach, the BMW Group is presenting the BMW 2002 Hommage to shine the spotlight back over its successful history with turbocharged engines. In 1973 the BMW 2002 turbo became the first series-produced vehicle in Europe to feature turbo technology. In so doing, it turned the BMW 02 into a full-blooded sports car. Looking back, the advent of BMW turbo engine technology pointed the way for both the development of the sportiest BMW sedans and milestones such as the first Formula One World Championship title for a turbocharged car - won by Nelson Piquet in 1983.
"The BMW 2002 Hommage celebrates the extraordinary feats of engineering on which BMW turbo technology is based and re-interprets them in the form of a design study," says Karim Habib, Head of Design BMW Automobiles. "With its iconic orange/black paintwork, the car has a colour scheme and livery synonymous in the minds of many motor sport fans with the triumphs of the 1970s."
The model unveiled in Pebble Beach writes the next chapter in a story begun by the BMW 2002 Hommage, which the company presented at the 2016 Concorso d'Eleganza Villa d'Este in May...
- Infiniti has taken the wraps off its brand new Variable Compression-Turbocharged (VC-T) gasoline engine which has been in developed over the last two decades. The production-ready unit is rated at 268 horsepower (200 kilowatts) and 288 pound-feet (390 Newton-meters) of torque and can automatically adapt to lower or raise the height the pistons reach. It effectively means the compression ratio can vary between 8:1 and 14:1, thus offering the best of both worlds: high performance and fuel economy. Depending on the driving conditions, the engine’s control logic can apply the optimum ratio for maximum performance or efficiency.
According to Infiniti, the new engine is smaller and lighter in comparison to conventional units, and it also has lower noise and vibration levels. The four-cylinder, 2.0-liter VC-T unit is approximately 27 percent more efficient than the 3.5-liter V6 it will replace. At the same time, it...
- Hi vintage fans, I've found this stunning car in Cape Town for sale for only R95,000 (about $7,500). I've surprised myself as I'm usually drawn to new cars, but this specimen is a gem I would love to own. I love the colour and the interior/exterior looks in great condition.
It feels like the genesis to the 5er, but I can't find any reference to this on Wikipedia. My question is, was the E3 a stand alone model? Research I found says it was launched as BMW's "6 cylinder range".
Which model from MB did it compete with?
- We’ve already told you that Bentley was considering capitalizing on the early sales success of the Bentayga by adding another SUV, and now new details have emerged to make us believe that will be a two-door coupe version of the luxury SUV.
Bentley invited us to a design briefing in London, where newly arrived styling boss Stefan Sielaff showed us a short video featuring images and renderings of projects the company is actively working on. The new Continental coupe and cabriolet were clearly recognizable, but another image was of a two-door SUV that, although it was a sketch rather than a rendering, bore a strong resemblance to the Bentayga.
We’ve heard rumors of such a thing before, and when we asked a senior PR man about it afterwards he confirmed that the coupe is indeed being worked on, and that it isn’t considered to be a separate model line within the five family...
- Emissions of soot particles from direct injection petrol engines can be reduced by up to 90 per cent
- Planned roll-out in Group models as of 2017
By 2022, the number of Volkswagen Group vehicles being equipped with this technology annually could reach seven million. The process is starting in June 2017 with the 1.4-litre TSI engine in the new Volkswagen...
- We all knew this was coming sooner or later. Apparently that is 2019.
- 4.50 m
- possible 7 seats
- next gen A class is the platform
Page 6 of 20