- The premiere of the new Audi A5 Cabriolet completes the new generation of the A5 family. Up to four people can enjoy intense driving pleasure on board the open-top mid-sized model. The fully automatic acoustic hood opens and closes up to a speed of 50 km/h (31.1 mph). In the Audi S5 Cabriolet a new six-cylinder turbocharged engine developing 354 hp and 500 Nm (368.8 lb-ft) of torque ensures top performance.
Striking shoulder line, classic soft top: the exterior
The designers went with the sleek lines of the Coupé for the styling of the new Audi A5 Cabriolet. The rear window is now flatter and emphasizes the sporty looks, as do the short overhangs and the long wraparound hood with power dome. With a length of 4,673 millimeters (15.3 ft), the new A5 Cabriolet is 47 millimeters (1.9 in) longer than the predecessor model...
- More powerful, more economical and cleaner: the new modular engine family from Mercedes-Benz
- The new engine family from Mercedes-Benz sets new standards in terms of power output, refinement and efficiency.
- The new family of petrol and diesel engines, with 4, 6 and 8 cylinders, is of modular design. The key features of the new family are a standard cylinder spacing of 90 mm and identical interfaces to the vehicle, which makes for modern, flexible production, among other things.
- The scaling of state-of-the-art technologies and electrification options from 12 V to 48 V to high-voltage plug-in applications makes it possible to configure the appropriate powertrain for every vehicle.
- Mercedes-Benz is investing a total of around 3 billion euros in its strategic engine initiative.
- The new family of engines was launched in 2016 with the four-cylinder diesel OM 654 and will be systematically extended with the...
- Las Vegas, Nevada / Woodcliff Lake, NJ – October 28, 2016 12:01 pm EDT / 9:01 am PDT … BMW will present the extensive range of new M Performance Parts and Original BMW Accessories at their booth inside the lower South Hall (Booth 40247) at the 2016 SEMA Show in Las Vegas, Nevada. BMW vehicles that will be displayed throughout the show include a BMW M2 Safety Car, a BMW M3, a BMW X5, a BMW 340i finished in Alpine White with numerous M Performance Parts. Additionally, BMW will present a very special BMW Individual 740e xDrive iPerformance finished in BMW Individual Frozen Black Metallic featuring M...
- Mercedes-AMG is redefining the performance saloon. The brand is turning the most intelligent executive saloon into the most powerful E-Class of all time in the shape of the next generation of the E 63 4MATIC+ and E 63 S 4MATIC+. Mercedes-AMG is also setting new benchmarks in this market segment with its innovative technologies. The intelligent drive strategy raises the limits of the performance saloon's vehicle dynamics to a completely new level. Delivering superior acceleration, the 4.0-litre twin-turbo V8 engine generates up to 450 kW (612 hp). This makes it the most powerful engine to have ever been installed in an E-Class. At the same time it is even more efficient thanks to a cylinder deactivation system fitted as standard, and thus sets the benchmark in its segment. With acceleration of 3.4 seconds from 0 – 100 km/h the new business limousine is at the top of its class. The AMG SPEEDSHIFT MCT (Multi Clutch Technology) nine-speed sports...
- Mercedes-Benz has finally pulled the wraps off its mid-size pickup truck, the long-rumored and finally unveiled X-Class.
The X-Class still is a concept at this point, but it's a concept in that wink-wink nudge-nudge sort of fashion. The final version should arrive at an upcoming auto show before hitting showrooms late in 2017. Well, not U.S. showrooms, of course, as we're not going to get the Benz pickup.
We've seen the spy shots of what we assumed would be called either the GLT or possibly the X-Class. It's built upon the bones of the latest Nissan NP300 Navara pickup, which is a body-on-frame truck. This truck also exists in rebadged form as the Renault Alaskan.
Both the Navara and Alaskan are built in Nissan's plant in Spain. The Mercedes version will travel those same production lines. Another plant in Argentina also builds the trucks.
Mercedes plans to sell the X-Class in South America, Europe, and Australia, initially.
The truck was unveiled at an art gallery in Stockholm, where Mercedes boss Dieter Zetsche said he loves trucks and hates blank spots in the automaker's lineup...
- Two years after winning his first championship title, BMW Motorsport Works Driver Marco Wittmann (DE) has once again secured the DTM driver’s title in the 2016 season finale at the Hockenheimring. To honour this success, BMW M is launching the BMW M4 DTM Champion Edition (combined fuel consumption: 8.5 l/100 km; combined CO2 emissions: 199 g/km)*. Compared to the series production BMW M4, the edition model, which is limited worldwide to 200 units, delivers a power output that has been increased by 51 kW/69 hp to 368 kW/500 hp and a maximum torque of 600 Nm, an increase of 50 Nm. Top-class motor racing technology for drive and suspension as well as a specific design following that of DTM racing cars built by BMW Motorsport render the BMW M4 DTM Champion Edition a high-performance coupe with a focus on racetrack deployment and an exceptional collector’s item.
“Congratulations to Marco Wittmann,...
- WORLD PREMIERE: The 2017 BMW G30 5 Series
As one of the nameplates that helped shape the automotive landscape into what we now know today, the BMW 5 Series is not only one of BMW’s most important models, but one of the industry’s most important, as well. Now in its seventh generation, the BMW 5 Series is ready to continue that legacy and be the most dynamic and most innovative 5 Series yet.
Codenamed G30, this new BMW 5 Series is built using the same scalable architecture (CLAR in BMW speak) as the new G11 7 Series. This new chassis provides the new 5 Series with BMW’s new EfficientLightweight designs. This means an extensive use of aluminum and high-strength steel in both the chassis and body of the new 5er. All of that adds up to a not-insignificant 100 kilograms (220 lbs) drop in weight....
- This beautiful MC-63 hypercar concept proposes a LaFerrari-based addition to the Maserati lineup.
Beautiful lines, stunning (hypothetical) performance — and yes, that is a Maserati badge. The Maserati MC-63 hypercar concept was designed by Andrea Ortile of Torina, Italy. It shares its base with the all-powerful LaFerrari and draws its inspiration from the iconic Tipo 63 Birdcage race car of Le Mans fame.
“The design is inspired by the famous race car the 1961 Maserati Tipo 63 Birdcage,” says its designer. “The elegance and the sport of the Italian brand live together in this car.”
With that history in mind, Ortile set to work on creating a hypercar worthy of the “63” moniker. Sleek, aggressive lines show its general similarities to the LaFerrari. But a more elegant approach in developing certain aspects of the car separates it from the hyper aggressiveness of...
Page 4 of 21