- With surface contouring that creates a clearly defined athletic build and dynamically stretched lines, the exterior design of the new BMW 5-Series Touring clearly expresses the blend of driving pleasure and versatility for which this model is renowned. The vehicle's tail section has an individual design language that symbolises the increased amount of space on offer in this model variant and its functional, flexible usability. The new BMW 5-Series Touring is 36 millimetres longer than the outgoing model (at 4,943 millimetres), eight millimetres wider (1,868 millimetres) and ten millimetres taller (1,498 millimetres). Plus, the wheelbase has been extended by seven millimetres to 2,975 millimetres, helping to further increase the room available for both occupants and luggage.
Front end: striking sportiness and elegant presence
The styling of the car's front end instantly projects the sporty essence of the new BMW 5-Series Touring. The headlights extend as far as the BMW kidney grille, thereby forming a continuous strip that gives added impact to the car's width while also combining with the lower air intake to emphasise its powerful stature.
The new BMW 5-Series Touring is equipped as standard with LED headlights that also employ LED units as the light source for the daytime driving lights. The design of the optional Adaptive LED Headlights provides an even more expressive take on the focused gaze of the trademark BMW light rings that are "cut off" at the top and flattened at the bottom. A horizontal bar joining the inner daytime driving light ring with the BMW kidney grille accentuates the front end's sense of width and dynamism. BMW Selective Beam anti-dazzle high beam with a range of up to 500 metres is available as a further option in conjunction with the Adaptive LED Headlights...
- Future Alfa Romeo Giulietta Gets Giulia-Inspired Styling
While Alfa Romeo is chasing global volume sales with the Stelvio crossover, it doesn't intend on disregarding its small cars, despite reducing demand for such vehicles.
next-generation Giuletta and while it hasn't confirmed it, a company official has said it's "technically possible" for the compact model to be underpinned by a shortened version of the Giulia's platform. This means that there's a chance the Giulietta could be rear-wheel drive as standard and may receive an all-wheel drive option down the road, just like the Giulia.
Beyond its new underpinnings, it is inevitable that the future Giulietta will adopt a thoroughly refreshed design, inevitably inspired by the Giulia and Stelvio.
As depicted in these renderings from Indav Design, that could mean the inclusion of a rounder front fascia with sportier headlights than the outgoing...
- A host of improvements including new technology and design changes give owners ways to customize Ford Mustang to their preferences, even better performance from more powerful engines and new MagneRide™ suspension technology. Customers have more ways than ever to personalize Mustang to make it their own, with three new paint colors, 12 distinct wheel choices and a customizable digital instrument cluster.
"The new Mustang is our best ever, based on more than 50 years as one of the iconic sports car in America and now, the world," said Joe Hinrichs, president of The Americas. "Tapping Mustang's enormous fan base, we're bringing the new Mustang straight to the people - and introducing the new car across multiple social media channels, reaching millions."
Ford tapped Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson to reveal the new Mustang to the world by giving one of the first models available to a deserving member of the military. A video of the debut was launched on Johnson's social channels, including Youtube, Instagram and Facebook, where Mustang holds the title for the most-popular car with more than 8.4 million 'likes.'
- Three styles, one family: the BMW 4-Series Coupe, BMW 4-Series Convertible and BMW 4-Series Gran Coupe all blend performance with exclusiveness and elegance. But at the same time, each of the three models has a totally distinct character all of its own.
The BMW 4-Series Coupe: a dynamically contoured athlete
The BMW 4-Series success story dates back to June 2013 and the launch of the original BMW 4-Series Coupe. Built at BMW Group Plant Munich, the 4-Series Coupe is based on the BMW 3-Series, but adds its own brand of aesthetic appeal and performance to its progenitor's dynamic qualities. With a notably wider stance and longer wheelbase than its predecessor, the body of the BMW 4-Series Coupe has a low-slung silhouette with sporty, elongated lines. Sporting the brand's trademark short overhangs, a long bonnet and a passenger compartment set well back and crowned by a beautifully flowing roof line, the BMW 4-Series Coupe boasts a perfectly composed design language, while still offering high levels of everyday practicality...
- Audi presented the new Audi SQ5 at the 2017 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit. The sportiest member of the Q5 model series embodies more than ever the emotional concept of the practical SUV with the latest technology. It's turbocharged, 3.0 TFSI offers powerful performance combined with further enhanced efficiency.
The 3.0 TFSI
The Audi SQ5 has a 2,995 cc, V6 TFSI engine with an output of 260 kW (354 hp). The turbocharged, aluminum engine delivers a constant 500 Nm (368.8 lb-ft) of torque from 1,370 to 4,500 rpm. The sprint from zero to 100 km/h (62.1 mph) is completed in 5.4 seconds; top speed is an electronically governed 250 km/h (155.3 mph). In the NEDC, the new Audi SQ5 3.0 TFSI consumes just 8.3 liters of fuel per 100 kilometer (28.3 US mpg) - a CO2 equivalent of 189 grams per kilometer (304.2 g/mi). Compared with its predecessor, this is a reduction of 13 grams per kilometer (20.9 g/mi)...
- 2018 Lexus LS has a livelier look and new twin-turbo V6
When considering that the Lexus LC 500 made it to production virtually unchanged from concept form, it was reasonable to think that the LS would similarly follow suit. Especially when the LS shares the LC's GA-L platform. Unfortunately, it didn't pan out that way.
It is possible to spot cues inspired by the LF-FC concept, such as the lower contour of the windows, the crease in the metal leading up to the rear wheel, and of course the lights and spindle grille. But they're overshadowed by the fact that this LS has a significant amount more girth.
Just because it doesn't live up to the concept doesn't mean it's a bad looking car. It's far more interesting to look at than the dated, upright LS currently on dealer lots. It also sits quite low and the wheels and tires fill the wells nicely, which gives it a road-hugging stance. There are some nifty design details, too, such as the glass that is completely flush with the pillars.
- The era of electric mobility has begun, and Volkswagen will be shaping it with the I.D. BUZZ concept presented at the 2017 North American International Auto Show in Detroit. A Microbus for a new era, the electric concept forges links between the origins of the Volkswagen brand and its electrifying future. The I.D. BUZZ, like the compact I.D. presented at the 2016 Paris Motor Show, is another new Volkswagen vehicle that gives compelling design to electric mobility and reflects a transformation of the brand and its models.
Dr. Herbert Diess, Chairman of the Board of Management for the Volkswagen brand, says: "The Volkswagen brand's big electric offensive begins in the year 2020 with a completely new vehicle architecture. That is when we will be launching an entirely new generation of fully connected, all-electric vehicles to the market. By 2025 we want to be selling one million of these vehicles annually. We are making electric mobility the new trademark of Volkswagen."
- At an event typically dominated by introductions from American auto companies, Kia Motors America (KMA) stole the spotlight with the world debut of the all-new 2018 Kia Stinger at the 2018 North American International Auto Show. A five-passenger fastback sports sedan poised to redefine a segment currently populated by European automakers, the Kia Stinger promises to be the highest-performance production vehicle in the company's history and is backed by Kia Motors' industry-leading quality and reliability. Offered with multiple engine and drivetrain configurations and luxurious accommodations, the Kia Stinger is planned to go on sale in the U.S. in late 2017.
Page 3 of 24