- Porsche announced the new Macan GTS. With more power, a reengineered suspension, unique GTS-specific exterior and interior appointments, and new connectivity options, the new Macan GTS provides an enthusiastic driving experience that enhances the current Macan range.
Based on the 3.0-liter twin-turbocharged V6 engine in the Macan S, the Porsche Macan GTS incorporates hardware changes and a unique engine calibration to allow the engine to develop 360 hp at 6000 rpm and 369 lb.-ft. of torque between a broad 1650-4000 rpm. The rest of the all-wheel-drive powertrain matches up to the Macan Turbo; Porsche's seven-speed PDK dual-clutch transmission is combined with Porsche's Traction Management system (PTM) that actuates an electro-hydraulic, multi-plate clutch to variably engage the front axle depending on traction needs. All told, this powertrain package accelerates the Macan GTS to 60 mph in as little as 4.8s in conjunction with the optional Sport Chrono Package and up to a top track speed of 159 mph...
- A distillation of Honda's inner feelings at this moment.
Should Acura even have this car? Ailing Acura strikes us as a brand in need of reinvention from the bottom up, starting with a new Integra, the car that the people have crowned as the real keeper of Acura’s flame. Instead, Honda’s luxury brand is starting its long journey back to relevance from the top, with a hybrid supercar that will sell for more than $150,000. It’ll be a tall poppy in a showroom where the next-priciest vehicle starts at $51,870, but it’s too late to dig up old arguments about priorities. We’ve finally moved past the drawings and concepts, beyond the prototypes, and on to what the aviation industry calls the flight article. This is it, the real deal, a drivable...
- Audi dropped its traditional ‘Plus’ designation for the even more powerful RS versions of the RS6 Avant and the RS7 which now come with the ‘Performance’ designation.
The two models now offer 605hp, 45 more than the standard version, up to 750Nm (553lb ft) of torque when overboosted and 700Nm (516.3 lb ft) in every other occasion. The new power upgrades allows both models to improve their 0-62mph times by 0.2 seconds which translates into a supercar-like 3.7 seconds. Zero to 124mph (0-200km/h) now takes 12.1 seconds, which is 1.4 seconds less than the ‘regular’ 560hp models.
And if you opt for the dynamic package which lifts the 155mph (250km/h) top speed limiter, the new Audi RS6/RS7 Perfomance can reach 174mph (280km/h) and 189.5mph (305km/h) respectively.
That extra oomph came from a revised engine management unit, much like the Audi S8 Plus. The twin-turbo...
- Aston Martin has unveiled their new RapidE concept.
Based on the Rapide S, the RapidE is an electric vehicle that was jointly developed with Williams Advanced Engineering.
Aston Martin declined to release technical specifications but the company announced they are exploring the possibility of a production variant with Chinese investment group ChinaEquity. If the model is green-lighted, it will be built in the United Kingdom and be launched in approximately two years.
In a statement, Aston Martin CEO Dr Andy Palmer said “The exciting RapidE concept tangibly demonstrates the capability and ambition of Aston Martin towards developing low- and zero-emission sports cars.”...
- This is the first and only Ferrari four-door sedan, and it's up for sale
The Ferrari Pinin can be yours for just $795,000
No SUVs, electric cars or four-door sedans will wear the Ferrari badge -- ever. That was former Ferrari chairman Luca di Montezemolo’s promise, and autoweek doesn’t seem to be keen on rocking that particular boat (for now).
But that wasn’t always case; this...
- A couple months ago I was running a Cadillac ATS-V hard up through the canyons of Malibu, California, tailing a BMW M3 and a Mercedes-AMG C63 S as part of a comparison test. I was having a blast in the twin-turbo V-6 monster but couldn’t shake the feeling that something was missing: a V-8. It’s safe to say that the team behind the sixth-gen 2016 Chevrolet Camaro SS was a step ahead of me.
Based on the lightweight Alpha platform bones of the Cadillac ATS but with a 1.4-inch wheelbase stretch, the new 2016 Camaro SS features the one thing the ATS-V lacked. Replacing the LS3 V-8 from the previous-generation Camaro is a Chevy small-block V-8, the new Corvette Stingray’s LT1...
- The new BMW M2 is the latest compact sports coupe in a long line of legendary road and racing BMWs, such as the 2002 Turbo, E30 M3 and 1M Coupé. Cast in a similar mould, it brings the concept right up to date with the latest in motor sport derived technology. The result is a powerful performer that delivers genuine driver satisfaction on the road, and extreme capability on the racing circuit.
Powered by a new, specifically developed, 3.0-litre straight-six engine with BMW TwinPower Turbo technology, the latest product from BMW M GmbH produces a formidable 370hp, enabling an electronically-limited top speed of 155mph. When equipped with the optional seven-speed M DCT gearbox, the M2 can sprint from rest to 62mph in just 4.3 seconds.
This superb level of performance...
- This is Ferrari’s F12tdf, the ultimate expression of the F12 Berlinetta which will be built in a limited run of 799 units.
As the name suggests, the F12tdf pays homage to the Tour de France, the legendary endurance road race that Ferrari dominated in the 1950s and 1960s, particularly with the 1956 250 GT Berlinetta which won four consecutive editions.
Ferrari has focused on three key areas while developing the F12tdf: engine, aerodynamics and vehicle dynamics. As a result, the new car is the superlative of the F12 Berlinetta series in terms of acceleration, road holding and agility.
The model is powered by a 6.3-liter naturally-aspirated V12 engine derived from the F12 Berlinetta which delivers 780PS (770hp), 40hp more than in the regular model. Ferrari has also increased by 8 percent the ratio of the front tyres compared to the rear ones for an even more dynamic behavior and has fitted the car with an innovative rear-wheel steering system called...
Page 19 of 21