- Cadillac announced a unique project in which its all-new luxury crossover, the Cadillac XT5, will debut at venues around the world in partnership with acclaimed fashion designers Public School. At a private kickoff event, Public School announced it would debut its Pre-Fall collection on the runway in Dubai, in collaboration with the launch of the first-ever 2017 Cadillac XT5. It is also creating an XT5-inspired capsule collection for the special invited guests at the Dubai show in November.
The upcoming XT5 will be the cornerstone of a new series of Cadillac crossovers, all bearing the "XT" designation, with number indicating relative size and position. It succeeds the current SRX, Cadillac's best-selling product line worldwide.
The show in Dubai will mark Public School's first international runway show, showcasing the pre-fall collection that will be...
- Tesla Model X officially revealed with 3.2 seconds 0-60 mph acceleration
New deliveries to start in second half of 2016
Tesla has finally unveiled the Model X electric SUV at a special event in its Freemont factory, California.
The first fully electric production SUV in the world has familiar design with LED headlights and taillights and sloping roofline. Tesla claims the machine has a drag coefficient of 0.24, thanks to its sleek profile and an active rear spoiler that deploys to one of three preset positions when the car is in motion.
One of the most distinctive...
- Audi celebrates the 20th anniversary of the A3
Company has built 3,647,833 A3s since 1995
Entry-level luxury cars are all the rage these days so it's interesting to note the Audi A3 helped to kick start that trend twenty years ago.
The first model rolled off the assembly line on September 18th, 1995 and Audi says the car helped to set "new standards in the compact class with its sporty character, high-quality workmanship and optional quattro all-wheel drive system."
More recently, the model has grown in popularity as Audi has introduced an A3 sedan and several eco-friendly variants including the e-tron and g-tron. In total, the A3 is sold in more than 100 markets and Audi has built 3,647,833 units since 1995.
In a statement, Audi Board Member Prof. Dr. Hubert Waltl...
- BMW is developing a mid-engined supercar with a V8 engine – and is in talks with McLaren to put the car into production. The top secret flagship is scheduled for a Frankfurt show unveiling in exactly two years’ time, if talks with Britain’s supercar specialists are successfully concluded.
Munich has been toying with a high-octane yin to the i8 hybrid’s yang for a few years. But with 2015 bringing a new chairman, Harald Krüger, and a new boss at M Division, Frank van Meel, the idea of a BMW supercar once again has real momentum at the very top.
Another new boy, r&d chief Klaus Fröhlich, started exploratory talks with McLaren back in January. An alliance makes perfect sense. BMW – still digesting the telephone numbers investment it took to bring the i3 and i8 to market – is understandably keen to seek a top-notch supercar partner with whom to...
- The Mercedes-Benz "Concept IAA" (Intelligent Aerodynamic Automobile) is two cars in one: an aerodynamics world champion with a Cd value of 0.19 and a four-door coupé embodying irresistible design. The study, which is celebrating its world premiere at the Frankfurt International Motor Show, switches automatically from design mode to aerodynamic mode when the vehicle reaches a speed of 80 km/h, whereby numerous aerodynamics measures alter the shape of the vehicle. Inside, the "Concept IAA" continues the design line of the S-Class and S-Class Coupé, offers new touch-based functions and provides an idea of what the interior of a business saloon might look like in the near future.
At the touch of a button, or automatically on reaching a speed of 80 km/h, the Mercedes-Benz "Concept IAA" (Intelligent Aerodynamic Automobile) performs a fascinating transformation in which the captivatingly beautiful four-door coupé turns into an aerodynamics world champion:...
- Porsche targets Tesla Model S with new 582bhp electric Mission E concept car
Things are moving fast at Porsche – the 911 range has only justmade the switch to turbocharging and now the sports car maker has unveiled a Tesla Model S-fighting, 592bhp all-electric concept car at the Frankfurt Motor Show.
Called the Mission E, the four-door, four-seat saloon shows how Porsche envisions ‘the future of the electric sports car’. And that future could be closer than you think.
At the VW Group’s annual conference in March, a presentation from senior execs revealed Porsche would in fact produce an all-electric saloon – with the Mission E the clearest indication yet of Porsche’s plans – and it could arrive as early as 2017. The Mission E is a fusion of 918 hypercar aggression and Panamera proportions.
It sits very low to the ground at only 1,300mm tall, with the body constructed from a mix of aluminium, steel and carbon fibre-reinforced polymer. The wheels are made out of carbon and measure 21 inches at the front and 22 inches at the rear...
Page 19 of 20